The biggest update in the entire history of Gloria Victis has just been released! Not only we have implemented new character models and reworked character creation system – you also receive 7 redesigned settlements, great expansion of the locations upgrading system and Christmas content! The last but not least - as a Christmas gift we gave all of you one point to reset your attributes.
Speaking of Holidays – Merry Christmas, Gloria Victis players! Many times your awesome continuous support gave us energy boost which allowed us to release 34 regular updates since Steam EA release (in just 6 months!), be able to finally establish an office after hard times of remote work, expand the development team and start cooperation with one of the best animators in the industry – only thanks to your priceless support all these achievements could become real. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and see you in battle!
P.S. Special thanks for the internal testers group for awesome help with countless tests of this update – we owe you one!
Work in Progress:
– Our designers are reworking 4 remaining settlements into the new upgrades system
– Programmers are working on character controller and synchronization overhaul
– New animations are being prepared to the final implementation
– Dozens of events for new players will be added on peninsula South of Dunfen
– Inventory and depots system should finally get moved into new system within 2 weeks
– Once work on the male character is done, our artists will start implementation of female character
– In the nearest future we will focus on optimization improvements and bug fixes
– Editor of existing characters will be implemented soon, so you will be able to re-customize your current avatars and change gender once female model is introduced
– Introduced reworked models of playable character – they have now 10 times more details than before
– Implemented extended options of character’s face customization
– Implemented tattoos and face painting
– Implemented starting archetypes which help new players to smoothly start the game
– Implemented an optional ability to pick starting archetype by answering a series of questions
– Redesigned interface of character creation
– Redesigned 3 towns – Leaktown, Twinfall and Scarsdale – greatly improving their defense values
– Redesigned farms and mines
– Implemented new upgradable objects: main building (a tower) and crafting workshops (for now only in Leaktown, Twinfall, Scarsdale)
– Implemented visible changes of guardhouses and resources nodes after each upgrade
– Introduced requirement to upgrade the main building before other objects can be upgraded – it must be upgraded to higher level than other buildings (for now only in Leaktown, Twinfall and Scarsdale)
– Redesigned the location upgrade window
Brace yourselves, Christmas has come!
– Added Christmas events in Dunfen, Mereley and Lord’s Wrath Abbey
– Added Christmas decorations, including Christmas tree placed in reworked towns – color of baubles depends on which nation controls given settlement
– Implemented a new type of dynamic event – delivery of required items (it has been used in Christmas events) which uses modified upgrade window
– Implemented a new global event – hunt for old aurochs and old darkhound which appear somewhere in the world
– Modified the /unstuck command – from now on it moves a player to the closest location controlled by players’ nation instead of capital city
– Optimized memory usage of the dynamic events system
– From now on, world events will start even if tournament won’t launch
– Added delay at the end of tournament to allow you to check the score table before moving back to the world
– Fixed displaying the Contribution Points
– Numerous minor fixes and improvements
– Numerous server-side optimizations
- As a Christmas gift we gave all of you one point to reset your attributes
– Temporarily disabled a world event taking place in catacombs
– Models of sticks and some shields have been temporarily replaced with other models – they will be restored soon
– Some armors and weapons can be glitching – they will be fixed soon