Today’s update for Gloria Victis expands the available world, introducing new vast areas for either newcomers and more experienced players. In the nearest future these lands will soon be filled with numerous bandit’s camps and outposts held by deserters, as well as new challenging event chains. This expansion will allow to handle more players when Gloria Victis finally moves to Steam Early Access, which is going to happen within the next few months.
The update introduces new bosses as well – the tough individuals of the numerous species of animals, which were inhabiting the primeval, medieval forests, such as bears, wolfs or aurochs. They impress with their age and size and their hides are required to craft brand new unique items, which will be a great reward for any hunter who manages to slay any of those.
Another great improvement is implementation of the guild’s reputation. It reflects any meaningful action taken by the guild members, rising when they fight the enemy warbands, claim lands or develop structures under the control of the motherland. On the other hand, oppressing the countrymen and, in future, waging wars against the ally guilds will have a negative impact on the guild’s image.
See you on the battlefield!
Changelog v.0.5.8.5 Alpha
– Implemented counting the guild’s reputation points - points earned by a character in time when it belongs to a guild affect the guild’s reputation but they stay even when a character leaves a guild; at the moment reputation history is not visible - it will be fixed in the nearest future
– Added displaying “Wanted” and “Traitor” statuses as debuffs
– Fixed numerous issues related to marking a character as a traitor
– Increased the available world’s size, expanding the newbie area South to Dunfen and Mereley - in the nearest future these lands will be filled with numerous bandits’ camps and outposts held by deserters, as well as new events chains
– Added auto-unsheathing weapon selected with a hot access bar when a character was in the exploration mode
– Improved “show available” filter in the crafting window - after checking it, only recipes for which a profession level is high enough and character has all required materials
– Reduced transparency of the faded-out chat windows
– Redesigned visuals, placement and drops of animal bosses - now they can be recognized by their outstanding size, they also drop unique hides useful to craft new items; these animals are the eldest ones of their species: boar, Aquilian boar, wolf, grey wolf, mountain wolf, aurochs, bear, cave bear and Darkhound
– Implemented butchering recipes for animal bosses - they are available in a book including the other butchering recipes
– Implemented new items - headgear crafted from skins on the animal bosses - as well as their recipes, which can be obtained by defeating the chieftains of various groups of NPC enemies
– Fixed an issue causing incorrect checking distance to the deposit and, in effect, not closing automatically when a player walked away
– Fixed an issue causing that the NPC enemies haven’t been reacting to the attacks of players when coming back to their spawnpoints
– Fixed an issue causing problems with inventory and equipping items if a player looted another character before